Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my friend Karen's recipe and it's awesome. Great variation of cole slaw. Cooking time includes several hours to chill.
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet & top with sesame and sunflower seed. Toast in oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Put aside to cool.
- Mix ramen noodle seasoning packet with the oil, sugar, vinegar & pepper.
- Mix the broccoli and green onions together. Add the seeds and toss.
- If you are going to serve within several hours, add the ramen noodles at this point and add the dressing.
- Toss and chill several hours before serving.
- If you are making the day before, don’t add the noodles until several hours before serving.
A great refreshing slaw. The ramen noodles were broken up and browned along with the seeds. Splenda was used for the sugar and a cider vinegar was used. This went very well with Crispy Crusty Halibut. Made for *Diabetic Awareness Day Tag*
I love this slaw! I make a batch of it once a week. Due to allergies, I leave out the sesame and almonds. I also use agave syrup instead of sugar. Because I am single, this takes me several days to eat. I like to withhold the ramen noodles until immediately before eating so they stay crunchy. (I just smash them up and keep them aside in a little container and sprinkle them on top of the portion I take.)