Recipe by texas*gal
This is my friend Karen's recipe and it's awesome. Great variation of cole slaw. Cooking time includes several hours to chill.
Top Review by PaulaG
A great refreshing slaw. The ramen noodles were broken up and browned along with the seeds. Splenda was used for the sugar and a cider vinegar was used. This went very well with Recipe #208264. Made for *Diabetic Awareness Day Tag*
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (chicken or beef flavor)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet & top with sesame and sunflower seed. Toast in oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Put aside to cool.
- Mix ramen noodle seasoning packet with the oil, sugar, vinegar & pepper.
- Mix the broccoli and green onions together. Add the seeds and toss.
- If you are going to serve within several hours, add the ramen noodles at this point and add the dressing.
- Toss and chill several hours before serving.
- If you are making the day before, don’t add the noodles until several hours before serving.