Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good soup to serve with any kind of Asian meal. This comes together quickly while the main dish is being prepared. Also great by itself for lunch.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- Combine broth, water and vegetables in a large saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Partially break up noodles; stir into boiling broth.
- Reduce heat, cook covered 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and contents of ramen seasoning packet.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Quick and easy for those nights that you just don't feel like cooking. Instead of frozen stir fry veggies, I added a box of frozen snow peas, a can of bean sprouts, a jar of mushrooms, and half of a can of baby corn (that I cut into pieces). I also used frozen baby shrimp (defrosted) instead of the canned. Hubby liked this with a little soy sauce stirred in and eggrolls on the side. It saved me when I just didn't want to cook.