Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
My wonderful neighbor often cooks for his wife. On this particular day, he brought me a container full of nice hot chili because it was too spicy for her. It was so delicious I asked him for the recipe. Darned if he didn't go to the store a couple weeks later and bring me the ingredients and the recipe. We made it last night and it couldn't be easier. I've recently learned how to can meats and will make this with a jar of canned ground beef next time, making this a meal entirely from my pantry - yeah! This will be a regular at my house. Next time going to have to make some fluffy cornbread to go with it. Zaar wouldn't allow for the Bush Beans to enter properly. The can says "Bush's Best Chili Beans (Red Beans in Chili Sauce) Medium Sauce". I add the cumin and vinegar to taste - adjust to your own. Think this would be SO yummy on hot dogs with a bit of chopped onion and cheese.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 ounce william brand tex mex style chili seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 16 ounces bush's best chili beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Brown the ground beef and drain off grease.
- To the ground beef, add the dry onions and seasoning packet. Add the tomatoes and beans and stir. Add the cumin and vinegar to taste. Heat through. Salt and pepper to taste.