Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. These are ready in a jiffy and keep well in an airtight container for a couple of days.
- 100 g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup roughly chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour, mix well.
- add in chopped dates and walnuts.
- baked in a greased 9x13 pan for 20 - 25 minutes
- cut into bars or squares when cooled.
I made these for the start of Ramadan. DH enjoyed them & they were simple to make. I did have to add another egg because the batter was too thick. Made for Ramadan Tag