Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband, who is a chef, developed this recipe. This is one of our favorite ways to present carrots. You can use frozen baby carrots, fresh baby carrots or simply cut diagonally into 1" pieces. This recipe uses Macadamia nuts, but pecans work very well, also. This is packed with flavor, and compliments lots of entrees.
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- pepper (I use white pepper)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare carrots.and place in saucepan.
- Add zest, juice, ginger, worcestershire sauce, and spices.
- Cook uncovered until carrots are done.
- Add nuts, and parsley.
I had the pleasure of having these carrots at the chef's home. Now while I enjoy carrots I would not of thought to rhapsodize about them but these I LOVE!!! I urge you to give them a go. You will not be disappointed!