Yet another one from my friend and co-moderator, Ralf_Kramden. I miss you, my friend.
Make and share this Ralf's Pretty Good Pistachio Baked Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces and check for bones.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup pistachios, cheese, parsley, and mustard in shallow dish.
- Dip fish in milk and roll in crumb mixture; place in shallow greased baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with remaining pistachios.
- Bake at 450°F allowing 10 minutes per inch of thickness measured at its thickest part or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
As Jan stated, this is way better than 'pretty good!' I made this last night for our dinner..my husband said twice..'this fish is delicious' I guess I'll be making it again! I used gurnard fillets. Very tasty, love the pistachio addition.
I made this for our lunch on Good Friday and it was really lovely. Easy to make too. I served with chips and salad and all the family enjoyed it a lot. I do recommend spacing the fillets out so the edges can crunchy up. Thanks Felix.
Way, way better than "pretty good"-this was excellent and will be made again very soon. I thought I had fresh parsley but didn't so used dried-it didn't matter. We caught (today) and used Gurnard-an underappreciated fish that was so good in this delicious crumb mixture. Many thanks Felix for a great recipe given to us to use our pistachio nuts.