Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another one I got from my good online friend and co-moderator, the man known as Ralf Kramden. I've adapted it just a little to suit our tastes, but the basic recipe is his. It's pretty easy, and one of those things the family wants at every gathering. Prep time is a guess, since it depends on how quickly you can chop the olives, cook time is refrigeration.
- Drain olives and chop in half.
- Core, seed, and coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Best when served after being refrigerated for at least a couple of hours.
- I sometimes add kalamata olives if I have them onhand for a slightly different taste, or sometimes I use the"Mediterranean" flavour feta cheese instead of plain.
We are big olive fans and this olive salad is absolutely wonderful!!! The feta cheese goes perfectly with it. Very nice recipe, Felix, thanks so much for sharing it.
You should retitle this as "Ralf's REALLY good olive salad." ;) If you love olives, this is for you. It's nice for a nice change of pace from the usual salads. I made this as written, just adding some red onion. Loved the feta cheese. Thanx for posting Ralf's recipe.
This was better than "pretty good" it was great! I used half Mediterranean feta and half plain. I made it the day before the party mixing all the ingredients except the tomatoes, which I chopped and left on top of the salad and mixed in a couple of hours before the party. My grandmother, who never eats left overs, took some home for lunch the next day!