Recipe by Michelle Berteig
I got this recipe from my mom. We really like it because it is not as syrupy-sweet as most pecan pies are. Feel free to add more pecans, we do!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 pie shell, unbaked (9 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Stir in eggs and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell and bake for 10 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake for another 35 minutes, until the crust is browned. Test by inserting a knife near the center of the pie, if it comes out clean, the pie is done. Enjoy!