Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a lean mean casserole.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, red
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) bag tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion; remove from heat and drain off excess fat.
- Add enchilada sauce, soups, chopped chilies, milk, and minced garlic; mix well.
- In a greased 9X13X2-inch baking pan, place a layer of half the coarsely crumbled tortilla chips; top with half the ground beef mixture.
- Layer with remaining crumbled tortilla chips, then remaining meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese and sliced olives over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Very good! Made it exactly as posted.
This is delicious and simple. I used soft corn tortillas, and added just a shot of Texas Pete hot sauce to the mixture, and of course salt and pepper to taste. Turned out just delicious! Served with black beans, diced tomatoes and some chopped hatch chiles. Thanks for an easy recipe that makes for a nice weekly change up!
I liked this, but didn't love it. I tasted the meat mixture, and added some cumin. I only had diced black olives, and used those. I thought the finished casserole was a little runny, but I did not drain my green chiles...maybe I was supposed to! This is the kind of comfort food that I love to eat...it is always better the next day. I made this for Potluck tag.