Recipe by elove5683
Described as "comfort food".Only four ingredients. Very rich. Easy to prepare, tastes wonderful. Don't be suprized if people beg you for the recipe.
Top Review by Cook+Princess
I have been eating this dish since I was a child. I have started to make it even more sinful by adding American cheese slices in between the layers - so yummy! Although if you use the cheese, it doesn't need the butter or salt, so I guess it's not that much worse than the original version. The cheese melts and runs together with the sour cream, creating a scrumptious gooey "sauce". True comfort food, even when made with reduced fat sour cream! If there are ever any leftovers, I refrigerate and rewarm in the microwave for lunch the next day, and it's just as delicious. My family loves this - we eat a lot of it on Passover! It never occurred to me that you would put meat in here, it is so delicious this way.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil peeled potatoes until fork inserted tells you it's cooked.
- Boil eggs until hardboiled.
- Slice potatoes to form medallions.
- Slice eggs.
- In casserole dish, layer butter, sour cream, potatoes and eggs until used up.
- Sour cream should be top layer.
- Cover, put in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until brown.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy.
- Best if eaten fresh.