Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Hungarian potato and egg casserole. Can be made using a white sauce instead of sour cream for a thicker, less oily dish.
- 6 boiled potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 250 ml sour cream
- 100 g sliced speck, bacon or 100 g Hungarian sausage
- 100 g grated cheese
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Slice potatoes and eggs.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Place alternating layers of sour cream, potato, egg and speck until all used.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 180 degress for 20 mins or until brown.