Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very rich comfort food type dish. My mother used to make it often.
- 60 g butter or 60 g margarine
- 6 potatoes
- 6 slices ham
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 link Polish sausage (Csabai) (optional) or 1 link Hungarian sausage (Csabai) (optional)
- 1 -2 cup sour cream (depending on taste)
- 4 slices bacon (or a small portion speck)
- Grease a shallow casserole dish with the butter or margarine.
- Boil potatoes in their skin until tender, but still firm.
- Pre-heat oven to around 200 degrees celsius.
- Layer the potatoes, eggs and ham in the casserole dish, finishing with ham on the top.
- Place polish sausage around edge of dish, if using.
- Cover with sour cream.
- Put bacon or speck on the top.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes.
I cut down to 2 servings and made as posted, but omitted bacon. This is comfort food for me too. Very easy and tasty. Thanks for sharing Zsuzsa. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
few mistakes: needs metric conversion amounts, forgot to mention the potatoes need to be sliced thin before layering, and didn't mention any kind of salt or flavoring added. Other than that, the recipe sounds correct.