Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy side dish to serve with burgers or wings or whatever. You can make it hotter or milder depending on taste.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices
- 4 medium unpeeled potatoes
- ranch dressing
- Mix butter,vinegar,hot pepper sauce and cajun spice together.
- Cut potatoes into 4 wedges.
- Throw potatoes in sauce and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cook potatoes on warming rack or 6" from heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce until tender- about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
Good spuds Kate. I used 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (enough for my boys) and cooked them in the oven on a tray. Yum.
Wow - best wedges I've ever tasted! Such a great change from my usual chilli sprinkled spuds! I microwaved potato wedges for a few minutes before adding to the sauce to cut down grilling time & halved the butter which didn't seem to hinder the recipe at all. I also added some partially steamed pumpkin pieces that I needed to use up & used plain yoghurt instead of ranch dressing. I served these as a side to rec.#229929 Blackened Chicken. It was the tastiest meal we've had in ages! Nice & spicy. Thanks :)
Thanks for a great recipe! I left out the ranch dressing, used less hot sauce and cooked them in the oven for about 20 minutes. I used Recipe #27955 for the spice mix. Yum!