Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had some leftover Easter ham and had some frozen broccoli in the freezer, so I based this recipe on Chef Lorac's Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta (please try this when you get a chance its great). Be careful with this, it starts out as wonderfully mild sauce, but it sneaks up on you with the heat (at least it does for me :) Submitted on April 19th 2006.
- 8 ounces cooked ham (roughly chopped)
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (used Cajun Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of water, add broccoli and pasta; cook until pasta is at desired doneness.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt margarine. Add ham and Cajun seasoning.
- Stir until ham is well coated.
- Lower heat and add rest of ingredients except grated parmesan cheese; heat through.
- Pour over pasta and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toss until pasta is coated.
Good stuff Shapeweaver! My family loved this. Flavor was excellent, but mine was a little dry so next time I may double the sauce. It could be that I used too much pasta cause I eyeballed it....none the less we had a super meal!
This was really good! My dh and 2 sons and dd inhaled it, as did I! I just realized that I forgot all about the parmesan cheese, so next time, it will be even better!