1/2 Photos of Rajun' Cajun Ham & Broccoli Alfredo
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had some leftover Easter ham and had some frozen broccoli in the freezer, so I based this recipe on Chef Lorac's Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta (please try this when you get a chance its great). Be careful with this, it starts out as wonderfully mild sauce, but it sneaks up on you with the heat (at least it does for me :) Submitted on April 19th 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cooked ham (roughly chopped)
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (used Cajun Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large pot of water, add broccoli and pasta; cook until pasta is at desired doneness.
- 2Drain and keep warm.
- 3In a large skillet, melt margarine. Add ham and Cajun seasoning.
- 4Stir until ham is well coated.
- 5Lower heat and add rest of ingredients except grated parmesan cheese; heat through.
- 6Pour over pasta and broccoli.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese and toss until pasta is coated.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rajun' Cajun Ham & Broccoli Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.9
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 411.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g