1 hr 40 mins
A wonderful pancake with a plethora of ingredients blended beautifully to create a tantalising dish! Enjoy!
My Private Note
rajma p ...
Units: US | Metric
For the tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 cup blanched tomato
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup tomato puree, fresh
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar or 1/2-1 teaspoon Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
For the wraps
- 1/2 cup maize flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 pinch baking powder
To prepare the wraps
- 6 -8 teaspoons oil, 1 per wrap (crepe)
- 1Heat a pan on medium flame.
- 2Add butter, garlic paste and bay leaves.
- 3Saute until the garlic paste is light brown in colour.
- 4Add onion, capsicum and the red chilli paste.
- 5Mix well and saute until the onion is golden brown and the capsicum is slightly tender.
- 6Add tomatoes, salt to taste and tomato puree.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Add sugar or Tomato Ketchup and black pepper powder.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Cook for 4 minutes on medium flame.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Divide this tomato sauce between two bowls.
- 13Set aside.
- 14Now, prepare the wraps.
- 15For this, take maize flour, cornflour, all-purpose flour (maida), salt to taste, black pepper and milk in a mixing bowl.
- 16Mix well with the help of a spoon.
- 17Add chilli paste and baking powder.
- 18Mix again.
- 19Keep aside.
- 20Now, to start making the wraps, heat a tsp.
- 21for each wrap in a pan.
- 22Let it become slightly hot (about 30 seconds).
- 23Pour about 6-8 tbsps.
- 24of the rajma wrap batter into the oil.
- 25Spread the batter in a circle.
- 26Cook on either side until light brown.
- 27Flip once to cook on both sides until light brown.
- 28My special tip-Always remember to press the pancake on both sides while it's cooking so that it cooks well and does not remain uncooked in any portion/part.
- 29Likewise, prepare all the pancakes/wraps and keep aside in a bowl where they'll remain hot.
- 30Don't cover the bowl completely; leave it slightly open.
- 31Now, take one bowl of the tomato sauce that you had kept aside earlier.
- 32To this, add the boiled red eye beans (rajma).
- 33Mix well.
- 34Add corriander leaves and garam masala powder.
- 35Mix well.
- 36Cook for 4 minutes on medium flame.
- 37Remove from heat.
- 38Keep aside.
- 39Now, grease a baking dish (take a rectangular shaped one preferably).
- 40Keep aside.
- 41Take a clean board or plate.
- 42Put a pancake in/on it.
- 43Add some of the rajma (red eye bean) filling.
- 44Close the pancake to make it look like a semi-circle and to help you seal it, use a little water on the curve of the pancake.
- 45Press tight to seal.
- 46Likewise, prepare all the pancakes.
- 47Place them neatly in the baking dish.
- 48Pour white sauce all over the pancakes.
- 49Now, grab the bowl of the prepared tomato sauce that you had kept aside earlier.
- 50From it, put 4 tbsps.
- 51of the tomato sauce all over the pancakes.
- 52Put a pinch of cinnamon powder over it, sprinkling it over all the pancakes.
- 53Put grated cheese over this.
- 54Next, put butter over the cheese.
- 55Let it spread over all the pancakes.
- 56Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- 57Serve hot immediately or pack it in your kid's tiffin box for school or hubby's box to take to office for lunch on the days when he's just too busy to come home for a good meal from the pretty lady!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rajma Wraps(Red-Eye Bean Pancakes)With White Sauce And Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 626.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste
red chili paste