Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This makes a nutritious snack for school going kids or hubby :)
Top Review by sweetybaby
Charishma,I have used the same combination,with the addition of onions,ginger and garlic pastes.I use this mixture tp make burger patties for my husband.Indeed a very good recipe.I donot deep fry it though,just coat in milk and dry breadcrumbs and put it on a flat griddle to brwon on boh sides.
- 150 g red kidney beans, soaked overnight in lots of water
- 5 g green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 10 g red chili powder
- 10 g cumin powder
- 20 g chat masala
- 10 g chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 10 g cornflour
- oil, to deep fry
- 10 g carrots, juliennes
- 10 g red capsicums, juliennes
- 10 g beetroots, juliennes
- 10 g sliced onions
- 10 g chat masala
- 10 g cumin powder, roasted
To serve with
- 100 ml mint chutney
- 100 ml tamarind chutney or 100 ml tomato ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt and cook the kidney beans in the same water in which they were soaked overnight. More water may be added if needed. Cook until tender.
- Drain well, cool and pat on clean kitchen paper towels.
- Mince or mash the kidney beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except oil and knead to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry one cutlet first in the oil until golden.
- If it opens up, add a little more cornflour and knead the mixture well.
- Then, shape into cutlets and deep fry in the oil.
- Drain on a clean kitchen paper towel.
- Sprinkle cumin powder and chat masala powder on the cutlets.
- Garnish with carrot, beetroot and capsicum juliennes and onion slices.
- Serve hot with the ketchup or chutneys.