Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on a Canadian Turkey site several years ago. It is listed for a single dish, but I usually triple the recipe and keep it tightly sealed in my spice cupboard. I use it mixed in with breadcrumb and flour coatings for pork and veal cutlets and chops, fish, chicken, etc. If you don't want to take the time grind the pepper, please use a quality brand of ground pepper. It makes all the difference between really good and mediocre.
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- .Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container.
WOW! This is definitely spicy. I used it on pork steaks and it was delicious. I think I was heavy handed on applying the mixture, so next time I'll go easy on that. Made for PAC Spring 2011.