Recipe by pines506
I got this from Calling all Cooks on the Food Network, courtsey of Cynthia Garcia. This is an awesome recipe. So good. I think it is intended to be a meal in itself, but I use as a side dish. Serving size listed is as a side dish not main meal.
- 5 -6 fresh poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- chicken bouillon granule, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups oaxaca mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the chilies over an open flame or on a griddle until blackened but not charred.
- Wrap the chilies in a towel and place them in a plastic bag for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chilies and with the help of a kitchen towel rub the skins off.
- The chilies should be firm.
- Cut them in 1/2 inch strips discarding all the seeds and the ribs.
- Do not rinse them.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the chilies and the onions at the same time.
- Stir often.
- When everything is soft add all the sour cream and the chicken bouillon granules.
- When the cream is hot, turn off the burner and add the cheese.
- Cover immediately until cheese melts.