Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chile poblanos with onions and creme. This is a recipe that is very easy to make, and depending on the chilies, can be very spicy or mild. If the chilies are too hot, add more cream.
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml butter
- 4-6 poblano chiles, peeled and deveined and sliced in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 14.79 ml chicken bouillon
- 236.59-354.88 ml corn kernel (optional)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Sauté the chilies with the onions until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn and chicken base and stir.
- Add the cream, let simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with corn tortillas.
- Can be prepared ahead and reheated in the microwave.
Wonderful recipe. I added some mostaccioli pasta and fresh mexican cream and cheese and omitted the corn. It was so delicious. I think next time I will add some shredded chicken with mozarella cheese. Two thumbs up!
Great and easy dish. I did add the corn and loved this. Thanks.
This was great CunSwim. I made this for PAC 2006. I did everything exactally except, I used non-fat sour cream. Sooo good. I kind of wish that my peppers were a little hotter so next time I may add some extra spice. Who knows..then it may be too spicy. Those peppers have a mind of thier own. Thanks again...pic's to follow. Barbara