Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was adapted from a traditional rice pudding recipe. It will shock amaze your friends and family because it is just that good.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 6 allspice berries
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 green cardamom pods
- Slowly bring milk, rice, 3/4 of your cinnamon stick and a split vanilla bean (if you have it) to a boil and simmer for about 45 or 50 minutes.
- This will burn easily so use a heavy pot.
- While you are waiting grind the remaining 1/4 of cinnamon stick, allspice, cloves and the seeds from the cardimum pods.
- This is your spice mixture.
- When rice becomes very soft, remove the cinimon stick and vanilla bean (if you had one), combine together cream, egg yolks,vanilla (if you did not have a whole bean) spice mixture and sugar.
- Temper it with the hot milk and rice.
- Then add to rice mixture.
- Cook until it thickens.
- Pour it into your favorite seving dish, chill and enjoy.