Recipe by FloridaNative
Raita is an Indian condiment based on yogurt. It is not spicy at all, just very fresh and flavorful. From "Hands-Off Cooking" by Ann Martin Rolke.
Top Review by breezermom
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I liked that this raita could be enjoyed with Indian dishes, but also was great as a sandwich spread. So easy to make and I usually have all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8.
- 354.88 ml plain yogurt
- 1 unpeeled cucumber (about 4 inches long)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh dill or 2.46 ml dried dill
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the yogurt in a medium nonreactive bowl.
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- On the large holes of a box grater, grate the cucumber into the bowl of yogurt.
- Add the dill, salt, and cumin and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the sauce for at least 15 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Serve cold.
- You can also add some halved cherry tomatoes for a colorful, quick salad.