Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Used a medium-sized whole cucumber(grated with the skin) in addition to all the other ingredients, except the salt and pepper. I omitted the pepper because the red chilli powder had already spiced it up and honestly, I feel, pepper was not required. It could be optional, IMHO. My mom preferred it without the onion though as such I would enjoy it with the same. It was very refreshing! Garnishing it with corriader leaves(chopped finely) would be an added bonus to its overall appearance, IMHO. Thanks for sharing, Mini!
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Let them sit pretty in the serving dish (preferably glass) getting chilled for half an hour or so.
- Sprinkle a bit of cumin powder& red chilli poweder on the top to add a riot of colors to the dish just before serving.
- Serve as an accompaniment to Indian dishes.