Posted for ZWT. From Sheila Lukins. Serve with curries or as a summer salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled & diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1Chop the tomatoes into inch dice.
- 2Chop the scallions diagonally including three inches of green.
- 3Place the oil, ginger, and cumin in a small skillet.
- 4Cook over low heat for one minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Scrape mixture in to a mixing bowl with a rubber spatula, add tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients and fold gently to combine. Adjust the seasonings.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour but no longer than three.
- 8Stir well before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raita Cool Down
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g