Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Posted for ZWT. From Sheila Lukins. Serve with curries or as a summer salad.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled & diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Chop the tomatoes into inch dice.
- Chop the scallions diagonally including three inches of green.
- Place the oil, ginger, and cumin in a small skillet.
- Cook over low heat for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Scrape mixture in to a mixing bowl with a rubber spatula, add tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, and garlic. Stir well to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold gently to combine. Adjust the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour but no longer than three.
- Stir well before serving.