Recipe by kitchengrrl
I really love the flavor of zatziki and raita, cool yogurt salads from Greece and India, respectively. I decided to add some chicken and voila! Tasty and refreshing summer salad.
- 453.59 g chicken breasts or 453.59 g chicken tenders
- 473.19 ml cherry tomatoes or 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cucumber, english or regular,peeled,seeded and diced
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint or 14.79 ml dried mint, chopped,about
- 59.14 ml fresh dill or 4.92 ml dried dill, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 177.44-236.59 ml yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Tabasco jalapeno sauce, to taste
- rice vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag spinach or 1 bag mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach the chicken in enough water to cover, about 20 mins.
- (It's especially yummy if you add flavoring to the water. I used 2 cloves garlic sliced up, several peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, a bay leaf and some salt. Save the cooking water for later use as stock.) Remove the chicken when done and chop up into large bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, fresh herbs and spices, and a dash of tabasco and vinegar.
- Mix together for the dressing and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add in cucumber, tomatoes and chicken and stir to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and add more yogurt if needed to make dressing as creamy as you would like.
- Divide spinach or salad greens among bowls and pile chicken salad on top.