I really love the flavor of zatziki and raita, cool yogurt salads from Greece and India, respectively. I decided to add some chicken and voila! Tasty and refreshing summer salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cucumber, english or regular,peeled,seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint, chopped,about
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4-1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Tabasco jalapeno sauce, to taste
- rice vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag spinach or 1 bag mixed salad green
- 1Poach the chicken in enough water to cover, about 20 mins.
- 2(It's especially yummy if you add flavoring to the water. I used 2 cloves garlic sliced up, several peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, a bay leaf and some salt. Save the cooking water for later use as stock.) Remove the chicken when done and chop up into large bite-size pieces.
- 3In a large bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, fresh herbs and spices, and a dash of tabasco and vinegar.
- 4Mix together for the dressing and adjust seasonings to taste.
- 5Add in cucumber, tomatoes and chicken and stir to combine.
- 6Taste for seasoning and add more yogurt if needed to make dressing as creamy as you would like.
- 7Divide spinach or salad greens among bowls and pile chicken salad on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raita Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: