This is from today's Weekend magazine. Anardana or pomegranate seeds are something I just love cracking between my teeth and singing the famous song from the Bollywood movie, Heena, that starts like this, "Nar dana...anar dana...asa runi topi wale nal jana"...hehe...did you quite get the tune?!? It means, "O pomegranate seeds, I want to get married to the guy with the pretty cap!" hehehehe...One of my favourite songs and I love the way its done in the movie...very romantic;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove seeds from the fresh pomegranate.
- 3Mix the yogurt with the seeds in a bowl.
- 4Add in almonds and mint leaves.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 7Add salt and pepper before serving.
- 8Garnish with pomegranate seeds, mint leaves and almonds before serving.
- 9Serve with a spicy curry and rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raita Anarkali (Pomegranate seeds raita)
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 158.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g