Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from today's Weekend magazine. Anardana or pomegranate seeds are something I just love cracking between my teeth and singing the famous song from the Bollywood movie, Heena, that starts like this, "Nar dana...anar dana...asa runi topi wale nal jana"...hehe...did you quite get the tune?!? It means, "O pomegranate seeds, I want to get married to the guy with the pretty cap!" hehehehe...One of my favourite songs and I love the way its done in the movie...very romantic;)
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is pretty. I garnished it with thinly sliced almonds rather than whole. We had this with an Iraqi meal. Recipes of which I will post shortly. They went very well together. I would make this again!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (anar)
- 1 cup yogurt, beaten till smooth
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
- 3 -5 mint leaves, to garnish
- 3 -5 almonds, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove seeds from the fresh pomegranate.
- Mix the yogurt with the seeds in a bowl.
- Add in almonds and mint leaves.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add salt and pepper before serving.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, mint leaves and almonds before serving.
- Serve with a spicy curry and rice.