Recipe by Chef Dudo
Scones are easy to make. There are so many variations too, this is just one of the many.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (1 cup if not using cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (1 cup if not using raisins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup condensed milk or 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet or cover it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients and continue cutting until the mixture is coarse and uniform.
- Stir in the raisins or cranberries.
- In another bowl, stir together the vanilla the egg, and the milk.
- Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture.
- Stir to combine then remove to a floured counter and knead until uniform.
- (Do not over-knead, too much kneading will make the scones tough).
- Divide the dough into two pieces and press each into 3/4 inch thick circles.
- Cut each circle into six wedges and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.