Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Reminiscent of Raisinets (chocolate covered raisins). I have not tried this recipe, posted for safekeeping. From the California Raisin Marketing Board. Update: I made this weekend. It wasn't quite what I was looking for so I will keep tweaking (Let me know if you have suggestions.) Next time I think I will add 1 cup of chocolate chips in with the raisins and pecans. I will let the chocolate mixture cool first and then mix in the chocolate chips, raisins and pecans. I may reduce the quantity of pecans.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup (original recipe calls for maple flavor corn syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (original recipe calls for half-and-half)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup pecan halves (original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dark raisin (original recipe calls for 1 cup)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (original recipe did not call for) (optional)
- 1 unbaked deep dish 9-inch pie shell
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and syrup. Cook until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in cream.
- In large bowl, combine chocolate mixture and eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until top is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Store in refrigerator. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa, if desired. Or, serve with vanilla ice cream.