Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Taste of Home and have made it often. I am always asked for the recipe and it is requested for every gathering during zucchini season! I am always more than hapy to make these tasty little cupcakes :)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stie in zucchini and raisins.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add enough milkto achieve a spreadable consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.