Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect party treat! Recipe adapted from William Fleming, Cleveland, OH; Honorable Mention - Appetizers/Snacks; Coast-to-Coast Recipe Contest put on by the Californian Raisin Marketing Board.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup california raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 ounces fresh chevre goat cheese
- 20 -25 prepared wonton wrappers
- olive oil, for frying
- For dipping sauce,\:.
- Whisk mustard, honey, vinegar and parsley together in small bowl. Turn into serving bowl, cover and set aside in refrigerator.
- In a bowl, mix raisins, walnuts and cheese together well. Arrange several wonton wrappers on lightly floured work surface and spoon a heaping teaspoon of raisin mixture in center of each. Dampen edges of wontons with a bit of water and fold diagonally, corner to corner, over filling. Carefully and firmly seal edges together. Repeat for remaining filling and wontons.
- Heat 2 inches of olive oil in deep fryer or wok over medium heat to 320*F. Fry prepared wontons in batches of 4 or 5 until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Arrange on serving tray and serve immediately with sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
GREAT, GREAT KEEPER OF A RECIPE! Making this wonderful tasting addition to my finger food counter was an enjoyable experience, as was eating them! This dipping sauce is so tasty, & when I make it another time I'll be doubling that part of the recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]