Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 18 muffins.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, powder, flour, walnuts and then raisins - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- RAISIN WALNUT MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 cup melted butter, 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- RAISIN WALNUT MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just mixed; do not overstir.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.