Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in American Profile.
Make and share this Raisin-Walnut Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped or
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins, or
- 1 1⁄2 cups craisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9" square pan.
- Cream butter and 1 C sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Blend in yogurt.
- Sift flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend into creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Spread half the batter in the pan.
- Mix nuts with remaining 1/2 C sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle nut mixture over batter in pan. Sprinkle raisins (craisins) over nut layer. Spoon remaining batter evenly over the top.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes then remove and put on rack. Serve warm.