These are simple and wonderful. I got the recipe from a booklet put out by Diamond Walnuts and Sunmaid Raisins. Time is approximate, and includes both preparation and baking together.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the raisins and walnuts, and stir to blend.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Shape each half into a long loaf, about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place the logs onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until firm.
- With a sharp knife, cut the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the slices cut sided down back onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, turn the cookies and bake for another 6 minutes or so until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.