Recipe by Cookworm
Sweet and pungent raisins and garlic garnish the perfect tomato for a dish to serve anytime! The juicy flavors will burst into your mouth with every bite.
Top Review by Mrs B
It takes a lot of hard work to devise a recipe for RSC; because of this I wish I could give this dish at least another star. It certainly looks very attractive, but for us it didn't quite have that certain something. Perhaps I under seasoned the stuffing or perhaps tomatoes aren't flavoursome enough at this time of year. I had quite a bit of raisin stuffing left over so used it next day as the base for a spinach curry.
- 1 cup raisins
- 7 -8 garlic cloves (cut in half)
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak raisins to plump in warm water 5 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Cut garlic cloves in half. Chop red pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over peppers, raisins, garlic and coconut and stir to cover. Add a dash of salt and roast in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes, till well roasted.
- Cut tomato tops off and scoop out centers.
- Stuff tomatoes with roasted raisin stuffing.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Grate ginger over each tomato just before serving.