Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been passed down through our family and is a favourite. The base and topping are of a shortbread consistency.
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar; cut in butter as for pie pastry;
- Add beaten egg.
- Keep 1/2 the mixture to sprinkle on top and put remaining half in square cake pan and press down.
- In a saucepan, mix raisins, flour, sugar and salt. Pour boiling water over all and cook over medium heat until thickened. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Pour raisin mixture over the cooked mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved mixture and bake for 1/2 hour at 350.
- Cut in squares while it is cooling.