Recipe by ellie_
only 2 points plus/serving (1 cookie) Recipe source: Ww Tastier than Takeout cookbook
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Since it's the holidays, I went ahead and did the glaze and a little bit of sprinkles! These cookies are like soft ginger cookies, very good. I had an open can of pumpkin puree and used that instead of applesauce. Very good!
- 177.44 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger, ground
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml molasses, light
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour - salt) in medium bowl.
- Mix together with an electric mixer on low the next 5 ingredients (sugar - egg) until blended. Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in raisins. Let batter stand for 10 minutes.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets, 2 1/2 inches apart to make 30 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute before transferring to cooling racks.
- Stir together icing ingredients (confectioners sugar and milk) in a small bowl and then frost cookies with glaze. Let stand until glaze is set (10 minutes).