Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
only 2 points plus/serving (1 cookie) Recipe source: Ww Tastier than Takeout cookbook
Make and share this Raisin Spice Cookies (WW) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses, light
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour - salt) in medium bowl.
- Mix together with an electric mixer on low the next 5 ingredients (sugar - egg) until blended. Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in raisins. Let batter stand for 10 minutes.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets, 2 1/2 inches apart to make 30 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute before transferring to cooling racks.
- Stir together icing ingredients (confectioners sugar and milk) in a small bowl and then frost cookies with glaze. Let stand until glaze is set (10 minutes).
Since it's the holidays, I went ahead and did the glaze and a little bit of sprinkles! These cookies are like soft ginger cookies, very good. I had an open can of pumpkin puree and used that instead of applesauce. Very good!
These cookies are delicious. I use a little bit less of brown sugar. I didn't do the glaze. They're delicious without it. My son usually doesn't like molasses cookies but he liked these cookies. I used only all purpose flour. Thanks Ellie :) Made for PRMR tag game