Recipe by Nibblets
I make these tasty, soft cookies every Christmas. They fill my home with a wonderful "Christmassy" aroma! So good! These cookies freeze well too! :)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Soak raisins in boiling water until ready to use. Beat in brown sugar, then eggs and vanilla, until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon until mixed. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture until blended. Drain raisins well and stir into dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes or until golden in colour.