Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This cake is quick and easy and SO tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix the raisins, brown sugar, water, shortening, molasses and spices in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes until it is boiling.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Add to the raisin mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch microwave pan and bake on HIGH 5 minutes or until the centre is done (test with a toothpick).
- Tastes great with a brown sugar icing.
This was SO quick and tasted SO yummy! I was amazed. Didn't get a chance to get any icing on it, it went that quick! Thanks for posting. Will definitely use this one again. Awesome!