- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, soak raisins in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid; set raisins and liquid aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the reserved raisin liquid.
- Fold in raisins by hand.
- Pour into a greased 15" x 10" x 1" pan.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over warm cake, and spread evenly.
- When cool, cut into bars.