Recipe by MizzNezz
Easy to make scones, for a great snack. Or have them for breakfast with a cup of yogurt.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Inez, thanks for this great recipe. Took it camping and it was a big hit at breakfast time. It was easy and quick to put together, and the results were wonderful, tasty, scones....served with butter and honey. Thanks for this one. We didn't have any leftovers, so I will make them again to test on freezing.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white, additional sugar for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter to coarse crumbs.
- Stir in raisins and buttermilk.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Place on floured surface,knead a few times (6-8).
- Pat into an 8in circle,cut into 12 wedges.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Beat egg white until foamy, brush scones.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400* for 15 minutes or until golden brown.