Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make scones, for a great snack. Or have them for breakfast with a cup of yogurt.
Make and share this Raisin Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter to coarse crumbs.
- Stir in raisins and buttermilk.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Place on floured surface,knead a few times (6-8).
- Pat into an 8in circle,cut into 12 wedges.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Beat egg white until foamy, brush scones.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400* for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Inez, thanks for this great recipe. Took it camping and it was a big hit at breakfast time. It was easy and quick to put together, and the results were wonderful, tasty, scones....served with butter and honey. Thanks for this one. We didn't have any leftovers, so I will make them again to test on freezing.
These are a delightful treat on a cold afternoon with a steaming cup of tea. I made as indicated except for the nutmeg which I replaced with cinnamon and a liberal sprinkling of allspice. I cut mine into 8 wedges. They browned up beautifully. Will make again, Thx.
Very nice scone recipe.I was out of buttermilk,so used part milk and part sour cream.Brushed top with milk and sprinkled with cinn. sugar.I leave dough slightly sticky and just pat out onto parchment paper.This makes for a nice moist tender scone.