Recipe by MemphisMommy
A very easy -to- put- together, delicious sauce my mom made every time we had a Easter ham. It seems an odd combination of ingredients, but it taste fantastic!
Top Review by cookinmom76
I made this as an alternative to a usual pineapple sauce for ham, since my 5 yr. old is off pineapple for the moment. I loved the smell of it cooking, and it was a very yummy sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 apple cider vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix brown sugar, dry mustard and flour together in small bowl and pour into small sucepan.
- Into saucepan add the rest of the ingredients and heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Turn down heat to simmer, stirring the mixture , until thick and syrupy.
- Serve as a side condiment to ham. Makes a wonderful sauce on the Easter Day table!