Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very simple, quick, tasty sauce that goes well with ham.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water, then raisins, lemon peel, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly.
- May be served with ham, pork or poultry.
Never made a raisin sauce for anything and tonight with a ham steak, this easy and wonderful sauce, made a quick easy dinner a surprise. Corn on the cob, pineapple on the grill ... Thank you! Have no idea why I never did this before. Lolly