Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Mom's notebooks. No notes on how to use, but I'd bet it would be good with poultry, beef, pork, lamb/mutton, or game. It almost looks like something out of one of my medieval cookbooks...
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Whisk mustard and flour together.
- Melt butter. Whisk in dry ingredients. Cook 1-2 min, until the raw taste is cooked out of the flour.
- Add water, sugar and vinegar. Simmer 45 minutes.
- Add raisins and simmer 10 minutes more.
This was terrific with Meatloaf. I used beef stock instead of water and added a few dried cherries and currants. After cooking the flour I added everything and simmered for 20 minutes. Then I put it in the blender. Yummie!