Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home, Everyday Light Meals. Any other dried fruit could be used here in place of the raisins!
Top Review by carlysulli
These muffins were pretty good. I was surprised at how light the texture was using only rye flour. I put dried cranberries in mine and I like the flavor combination. The recipe is a little dry and a little bland for my taste though. I might add more honey or some molasses if I made this again. Definitely a good starter recipe if you're looking for some gluten-free muffins though!
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, honey, and canola oil until well combined; add mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Fold in raisins; fill the 6 muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
- Great served warm.