Recipe by Chef Nami
I promise these muffins are so yummy, everyone asks for the recipe. I found the recipe in a womans magazine several years ago by NZ food editor Robyn Martin.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mixed spice
- 400 g pumpkin, pieces
- 1 cup large sticky raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 50 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Stir through brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and mixed spice.
- Remove seeds from pumpkin pieces and microwave on high for 5 minutes until just cooked but still firm.
- Remove skin and cut into 1cm slices.
- Toss through dry ingredients with raisins. Beat eggs together in a bowl.
- Add milk.
- Melt butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Add egg mixture, then butter.
- Mix through gently.
- Three-quarter fill greased muffin tins or line with muffin cases.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds and raw sugar. Bake at 200 degrees C for 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.