Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another one I recall from my childhood. I would take this over the traditional apple pie any day! But then, I LOVE raisins!
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water, corn syrup, and raisins.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Pour filling into pastry-lined pie plate (filling will be thin).
- Cover with top crust; cut slits for steam.
- Bake at 425* for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 375* and bake for 30 more minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
I am only rating this a 4 star as I thought it was to sweet. I did like the flavor and I will make again, but I will cut the sugar down to maybe a half cup and go from there. I also didn't have lemon juice and I forgot the butter. This may have had something to do the the sweetness, but I don't think so. As I forget these items in my apples pies as well and the turn out just fine. Thank again. I love raisin pie. This is the closest I have gotten to the flavor I have been looking for.
I just tried this recipe and loved it. I found it very sweet but the flavor was exactly what I was looking for. I followed the recipe and baking time almost exactly as indicated and found them good.
Sweet and good! Instead of putting a top crust on this, I baked at 425* for 10 minutes, then added a meringue topping and baked an additional 20 minutes at 350*. It turned it out very nice.