This is very similar to a type of pie my grandmother used to make. She never put sour cream in it. I don't remember if she added orange juice or not. Adapted from Classic Canadian Cooking. You can use pre-made pie crust; I won't tell!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Place raisins, boiling water, orange zest and salt in a saucepan and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- 3Combine brown sugar and cornstarch and mix well.
- 4Gradually add the brown sugar to the raisin mixture, stirring to prevent lumps.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture is thick and clear.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in orange juice, lemon juice and butter. Let cool.
- 8Line a 9" or 10" pie pan with pastry.
- 9Add raisin mixture.
- 10Add second piece of pastry.
- 11Trim pastry and press edges together.
- 12Cut a few slashes in the top to let out steam.
- 13Bake for 15 minutes.
- 14Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 20-25 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 65.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g