Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a company's coming cookbook. I really liked this recipe because it is easy and turned out well.
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated (optional)
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine raisins and water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir brown sugar, flour and salt together.
- Stir into simmering raisins until it returns to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Cool about a half hour.
- Roll pastry and line 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour raisin filling into shell.
- Dampen edge.
- Roll another crust and put over top.
- Trim and crimp to seal.
- Cut vents in top.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake on bottom shelf in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes until browned.