Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Nice breakfast or snack muffins. Good with a hot cup of tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a bowl; stir to combine.
- Add the butter and molassess to a saucepan; cook and stir over medium until butter melts; remove from heat.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add molassess-butter mixture, buttermilk, and egg.
- Stir just until mixture is moistened (do not overmix).
- Add in pecans and raisins; gently fold to combine.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325° for 18 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with honey and/or butter.